MITC (Mikula IT Consulting) has an immediate opening in our Sacramento office location for a passionate Managed Services support technician/consultant who is great at communicating with clients and working on small business technology projects and issues.
We are a small but growing Managed Services provider but we also do some cool cloud projects and looking to work with someone on flexible terms to provide end user support services and some backend server/network support tasks. This position offers the chance to be an integral part of the strategic growth of the company and is ideal for candidates seeking to be part of a small and responsive team.
If you are passionate about providing first class client facing small business desktop/server/network support, this is the position for you. You don’t have to be or you even shouldn’t be “a super geek”, you simply need to have a passion to help clients and communicate with them timely, deliver what you promised or reset expectations. You don't need to know everything but have a strong desire to learn new things.
We are looking for a long-term employee who will grow with the company as we evolve into offering some new and very cool technologies. If you want to work on known technology and just collect a paycheck, you won't fit in here. Also we are looking for someone who is willing to learn *our* way of providing top-quality customer support. You will learn great trouble-shooting skills and be exposed to a wide variety of network setup and internet operations.
NOTE: It’s a part time position that will likely develop into a full time position with the right candidate.
Activities require an individual to be capable of handling both routine and semi-complex troubleshooting activities: working mostly remotely and sometimes at clients sites (around Sacramento and Roseville area), utilizing remote diagnostics, or jumping in the car to head to a client's site. This is a critical, front-line position that requires interaction with customers. This role will provide a challenging environment where your creative problem solving skills and great customer service will allow your career to grow within our expanding environment.
Note: Please read through this ad and do not send a resume unless requested to do so. We will not look at unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this position, send the following in response to this ad:
- 1-2 paragraph description of why you are passionate about technical consulting, what it means to you to be customer focused and how do you stay abreast of technology.
We will send a technology self-assessment to people who stand out. Some of these people will be asked to submit resumes.
Description of role and responsibilities:
- Support small business type clients by answering support calls via email, ticketing system, phone and in person
- Track and update tickets in the ticketing system
- Availability for paid after hours, weekend support on a scheduled, but occasional basis.
- Assist Senior Consultants with various IT projects
- Monitor and maintain client networks to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and security
- Other duties as required
Qualifications / Soft Skills:
- Great personal and over the phone communication skills
- Being able to get things done on time or communicate when it’s not possible
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Prior experience directly supporting customers on-site or remotely
- Must be in good standing with DMV and have valid driver's license
- Ability to commute to customers in own vehicle (mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance)
- Pass a 7-year felony/misdemeanor background check and drug test
- Ability to follow detailed checklists and templates to complete a task right the first time
Client Management (must have skills)
- Great in person as well as remote customer service skills.
- Strong documentation skills maintaining existing client documentation.
- Strong client facing and team communication skills (email, phone, in person).
- Develop nice relationships with staff at clients organizations.
- Strong knowledge of desktop OS (Windows XP thru 10)
- Knowledge of Office products (2010-2016 and Office 365), plus Adobe and other popular applications
- Able to install and assist with 3rd party desktop applications with appropriate vendor support.
- Desktop/laptop hardware – general troubleshooting, RAM, HD replacement
- Good fundamental troubleshooting skills.
- Basic Windows Server administration: AD management (users, security groups, shares and NTFS permissions), Group Policy
- Basic Exchange and Office 365 Administration: (Mailbox creation, distribution groups, delegation, resources)
- Basic cloud services management (Hosted Backups): Account creation, basic user mgmt
- Capable of user onboarding/offboarding by following checklist
- Capable of performing all tasks related to new laptop/desktop deployment, following checklists
- Basic networking concepts: DHCP, DNS, wireless networking, VPN technologies (client and site to site)
- Basic printing/scanning support.
- Basic firewall configuration changes including inbound and outbound rules, NAT policies, VPN configuration, gateway security services.
- Capable of troubleshooting access and performance issues.
- Ability to follow detailed setup checklists
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach, lift, balance, push and pull as required for an IT position
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs/ carrying items weighing up to 90 lbs with additional assistance
- Must be able to drive to client locations.
Big plus if you have
- previous Small Business Managed Services or consulting experience
- Kaseya or other RMM experience
- Azure/AWS/Linux experience
- Appropriate Certifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, etc)
- Minimum of two years' hands-on experience in a business environment
- Two- or four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Flexible but regular work schedule
- Client referral based bonuses
- Free IT training
- Support to obtain certifications
- Relaxed environment
- Participation in exciting IT projects
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid National Holidays off
- ...and no boss be breathing down your neck
- Depends on experience